- This event has passed.
2021 Sand Plain Research Farm Irrigation and Nutrient Management Field Day
August 30, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
About this event
The 2021 Sand Plain Research Farm Irrigation and Nutrient Management Field Day will take place on Monday, August 30th from 4-7:30pm. This event is free and dinner will be provided. Registration is required. Please register by August 20th.
The Sand Plain Research Farm (SPRF) is a unique coarse textured-soil site in central Minnesota featuring irrigated and non-irrigated agronomic research. The current SPRF research site includes 345 acres of cropland. Of that, 290 acres are irrigated. The landbase is outfitted with eight irrigation systems (three laterals and five center pivots). All three of the lateral irrigation systems and one of the center pivot systems are equipped with variable rate irrigation (VRI) technology.
- Vasudha Sharma, Ph.D. – Irrigation management strategies for profitable corn production and water quality protection in Minnesota Central Sands
- Yuxin Miao Ph.D. – Proximal and remote sensing technologies for corn nitrogen and water stress detection
- Carl Rosen, Ph.D. – Interactive effects of nitrogen and bio stimulants on potato yield and nitrogen use efficiency
- Fabian Fernandez, Ph.D. – Strategies to improve nitrogen use by corn in irrigated sands
- Leanna Leverich, MS – Reassessing corn K fertility guidelines using mineralogical soil properties
The Sand Plain Research Farm is near 16491 157th Street Southeast, Big Lake, MN 55309. From the intersection of Hwy 10 and Minnesota County Road 11, proceed south to 157th Street SE and turn left. Travel 100 yards and prepare to turn left. Look for signs.
If you have any questions, please contact Vasu Sharma (email: email@example.com; voice message: 612-626-4986)
Thanks to the Irrigators Association of Minnesota, the Minnesota Corn Growers Association, the Minnesota Department of Agriculture, and the Clean Water, Land & Legacy Amendment for funding this event.