- This event has passed.
Cover Crop Production Field Day
August 15, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm$10
Rain or shine – save the date! Join our Coalition Coordinator, Jennifer Hahn, and the Goodhue SWCD for an information-packed Cover Crop Production Field Day. This event will be hosted at Ed & Jane McNamara’s farm in Goodhue, MN. Topics will include:
- Local Producer Panel discussion – Plant Green & Stay Clean – Planting soybeans into standing cover, Kevin Connelly, Olmstead Co & Tom Pyfferoen, Dodge Co
- Cover Crop Crimping: Mandako Crimper Demonstration
- Planting 60″ Rows for Inter-seeding Cover Crops – Cedar Valley Innovations, Bob Recker – Waterloo, IA and a 60″ Row Local Producer Panel
- Inter-seeding Cover Crop Demonstration – Hi-Clearance Cover Crop Seeding, Joe Jirik – Le Sueur County & Andy Linder – Blue Earth County
- Managing Manure with Cover Crop Demonstration – Low Disturbance Manure Applicator into cover crop.
Note: COVID-19 health and safety measures will be in place during the field day event. In an effort to keep attendees safe, we are limiting registration numbers. Registration for this event will be online only via Goodhue SWCD website: www.goodhueswcd.org
Registration fee of $10 includes a box lunch from Meatheads Meat & Deli of Red Wing, proceedings, refreshments, and required facemask.
For more information, please call the Goodhue SWCD Office at 651-923-5286