- This event has passed.
July 6, 2021 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pmFree
Have you explored strategies to diversify your crop rotation while lowering feed costs without sacrificing feed quality?
Hybrid Rye may be a good fit for your operation.
Join us at the 2021 South Dakota State University Beresford Research Farm field day to view variety trials of several types of cereal and hybrid rye. The Dakotas Best team as well as experts from KWS Seed, the developer of Hybrid Rye, will be ready to answer all your questions about rye.
Variety trials of oats, corn as well as nitrogen application trials will also be featured.
We encourage you to consider the benefits of hybrid rye:
- Higher Yields – Hybrid Rye has shown yields that dominate cereal ryes, with an
average of 41% higher grain yields in regional trials compared to typical cereal rye.
- Increase Corn and Soybean Yields – Crop rotation with rye has shown +10 bu/ ac
boosts in yield for corn following rye and +2 bu/ ac increase for soybeans following rye.
- Less Water Needs – Requires 25% LESS WATER than any other cereals.
- Soil Health – Improves soil health by reducing erosion and nutrient leaching.
- Risk & Workload Management – diversifies risk compared to planting only spring
crops and allows management of more acres with similar labor
Field Day – July 6 2021, starting at 1:30 PM
Location: 29974 University Road
Beresford, SD 57004
Cant make it but have questions about Hybrid Rye? Call Mae with Dakotas Best Seed at (605) 682-0006