- This event has passed.
Organic Transition Training Workshop #1
July 23, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
You are invited to a FREE training hosted by Dakota’s Best Seed LLC to learn more about the process of transitioning to organic production. Learn from certification experts and industry partners. Visit with experienced organic growers from the region. Lunch will be provided.
This is the first of a three-session series; to see details for the other two sessions, select them on our events page (dates: 7/30 and 8/4).
O So Good Restaurant, 529 North Main Avenue
Agenda between the three sessions to cover the following topics:
- State of organic: Markets, Demand, Trends
- Organic: An investment that can pay dividends over time.
- Certification basics and record keeping 101 w/ examples & materials for home study.
- What is an Organic System Plan and how does it work?
- Laying the foundation for organic fertility. What kinds of inputs can I use?
- Overview of ‘Transitional Toolkit’ service options available.
- Panel discussion with certified organic growers who also manage conventional acres.
- Insurance & Lending. Q&A with regional providers experienced with organic.
- Seed and Agronomy Considerations for Organic Systems with Dakotas Best Seed.
Contact Mae Petrehn with questions; email@example.com or cell (605) 682-0006
Please click here to RSVP. Space is limited to 25 total attendees at each location, so register now!