- This event has passed.
Regenerative Farming and Ranching – Redwood Falls, MN
July 18 @ 8:00 am – July 20 @ 5:00 pm
Register at: https://soilhealthacademy.org/schools/regenerative-farming-ranching-redwood-falls/
About the Farm
At Stoney Creek Farm, Grant and Dawn Breitkreutz “walk the regenerative talk” every day, implementing no-till row cropping and intensive rotational grazing as well as diversified cover cropping on their Redwood Falls, Minnesota farm.
Through their regenerative efforts over the years, Stoney Creek Farm has…
• Welcomed the return of wildlife
• Realized consistent yields with lowered input costs
• Witnessed the changes in their soil structure and the resulting improvement in water infiltration
• Raised happier, healthier livestock
While the conventional agricultural model increasingly requires more work, more time, more inputs and more outlays, Grant and Dawn’s regenerative model is based on a nature-mimicking model that features less tillage with fewer inputs.
Long before Dawn became the president of the non-profit Soil Health Academy, she and Grant frequently shared their regenerative story, hosting workshops and field days at their farm so other farmers could learn how to do the same. Grant and Dawn believe these efforts are especially critical today because they provide a practical way to help struggling farm families become more profitable and to help address environmental, biodiversity, nutrition, and climate issues.
In addition to creating better functioning and more resilient soils, Dawn and Grant have also worked to create a more resilient and profitable business model that features stacking enterprises and offers farm products that are marketed directly to their growing customer base.
Their regenerative journey continues to this day, but their focus remains on farming in ways that restore life—life that is powered by diversity and the miracle of photosynthesis.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone that want to take their farm/ranch to the next level. This course will examine all aspects of regenerative farming and ranching, soil health, plant health, and animal health. Hands-on experience will be heavily emphasized. This is a power-packed three days that will change your farm or ranch should be and can be. Taught by highly experienced and regenerative farmers. Participants will work in teams to solve real-world grazing problems and sharpen their skills.
July 18-20, 2022
Tuition of $1,375 includes:
• Regen Ag 101 course ($499.00 value), which we would like you to complete prior to the first day of class;
• In-person attendance at the SHA school, as well as digital course materials and lunch each day;
• Two follow-up Zoom meetings with a consultant within the first year after the date of the SHA school you attended
• Access to future scheduled conference calls with the instructors.