- This event has passed.
SROC Virtual Agronomy Field Tour Tuesday, June 22
June 22, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
The UMN Southern Research & Outreach Center (SROC) in Waseca will hold a Virtual Agronomy Field Tour on Tuesday, June 22, 2021 from 10 a.m. to noon. This webinar will give participants a look at several current research projects at the SROC and will include a question and answer opportunities.
The webinar is free, but participants must pre-register online at z.umn.edu/SROC-Agronomy_Field_Tour. An email address is required to register, and participants can join the webinar from a computer, tablet or phone.
Research topics covered by University of Minnesota faculty and researchers at the Virtual Agronomy Field Tour include:
- Early season soybean growth and development in a tough year – Seth Naeve
- Corn stand establishment, growth, and development – Jeff Coulter
- Strategies for managing the changing HG Types of the soybean cyst nematode – Senyu Chen
- Evaluation of weed management systems in a dry spring – Tom Hoverstad
- Nitrogen management on poorly drained soils – Fabian Fernandez
- Do high fertilizer and commodity prices affect fertilizer rate guidelines? – Jeff Vetsch
There is no cost for this event, however donations are greatly appreciated. If you’d like to make a donation in support of research at the U of M, Southern Research & Outreach Center, Waseca: z.umn.edu/sroc-gift.
To request accommodations, contact Deanne Nelson at email@example.com or 507-835-3620.